Monday, October 7, 2019

What's the Plan?

Luckily I'm planning for my senior project to touch lots of different content within automobile mechanics. Since the truck has a variety of random issues to touch up on, there's plenty to choose from. Here are some of the genres I plan on approaching first:
  • Engine repair and engine swaps
  • Wiring, fuses, and electronics
  • Welding a new piece for part of the cab that's become soft
  • Suspension repair (and researching difference between leaf springs and struts)
  • Rust repair, prevention, and painting
  • Carpentry for the wooden bed that I want to build for it
As of now those are all the sub topics I'm planning to explore, hopefully the list doesn't grow much more or else I'll run out of time. But for now its definitely a challenging amount of work, while still not being too much to handle.

Quickly, some of the questions I want to explore are:

  • How hard is it to actually do an engine swap?
  • How expensive is sheet metal, and how hard is it to shape?
  • Can all this work be done in half a year?
  • Are Toyota parts as reliable and inexpensive as everyone claims?
Image result for what's the plan

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear ...