Monday, May 11, 2020

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear end making it a lot easier to work on everything. Now that I purchased a new metal bed for the truck I can sell the one that was on it. Someone had a listing on craigslist about wanting to buy a wooden bed for a Toyota Pickup so I replied and he's gonna come check it out soon.


When I bought the truck the seller, who is a good family friend, claimed the frame was rock solid. I believed his word but until I could fully see it it was hard to fully believe. Once we took the bed off it was a huge relief to see the frame was as solid as we thought. It still has original paint on it and isn't all rotten. I think I'm gonna take the extra step and fully re-finish it; scrape off all the dirt and rust and then give it a coat of POR-15, black Rustoleum spray paint, and then oil the living hell out of it so that it can hopefully last another 30 years.


Before I do all that I'll replace all the rear components that I need to like shocks, leaf springs, maybe brakes, and all that good stuff, then once that's done we'll get to work on the front end and painting the frame.











No comments:

Post a Comment

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear ...