Wednesday, October 16, 2019

The Mentor.

My main mentor is the same person who reached out to me about the truck being for sale, Caleb Atwood, aka my Father. I'm choosing him because he's going to be the main person helping me solve and fix all the little (and big) issues I run into. He's one of those people where he doesn't work on cars or engines for a living, but he has been tinkering on own vehicles for his entire life; Meaning he's racked up a great amount of knowledge on whats what and how it goes together / comes apart. Plus he owned a 1985 Toyota Pickup back in the day, so he has a little bit of experience working on these.

When the time comes later in the project when I need to do rust repair I might try and seek out another short term mentor to help with welding, and maybe another for upholstery or any other subtopics I touch on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear ...