Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Why This Project?


My names Jared, I'm a senior at Compass this year and that means I have to do a senior project. For this project I've chosen to work on completing a 1988 Toyota Pickup that I recently picked up midway through the summer. I figure it will work perfectly because I didn't start making repairs to the truck until after school started.

The learning aspect of it will be huge as well, I've been wondering how hard it is to actually flip a vehicle (buy one for cheap, fix it, increase the sell value). Once we get the new engine swapped in the project should pick up pace a lot faster, having the truck be able to move (healthily) will be a huge step forward.

I had tried brainstorming some other ideas for a senior project towards the start of the summer but got a little stumped. I feel if I hadn't ran into this truck I probably would've taken a break from mechanic related projects and found a mentor for a career field that interests me like engineering or maybe even a technical job like electrician work.

 But I'm excited to see my dream truck become a reality and document the process on here.
Image result for 1988 toyota pickup offroad

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear ...