Wednesday, February 26, 2020

When to Buy Winter Tires?

Image result for snow tires

Now that I have nice summer tires for my truck it's made me think about purchasing good winter tires for next years season. I could just keep using one set of tires all year long, the ones I have are "all terrain" and would do okay in the snow, but a pair of proper winter tires will be the best. Since I have a spare set of wheels to mount tires on, I figure I might as well use them.
But now the question is when do I want to buy them? In the Fall / Winter prices rise because they're in demand, so I figure the best time to purchase will be once all the snow is melted in April or May and tire dealers are having blow out sales to try and get rid of their out of season products.
I'm looking for tires that are narrow and studded so that they'll handle as good as a winter tire. The main decision maker will be what I can get a good deal on though, if the dealerships don't have that good of deals and are priced higher than I'd like to go I might just wait until I find a used pair locally online or at a yard sale.
Luckily, I've got a few months to find a set of winter tires for the truck, but the sooner I find some, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear ...