Monday, November 18, 2019

A Truck That Almost Runs...

 Last week we stored the good motor in the back of the truck while we waited for a nice day to put it into the engine bay. Throughout the week I stopped by and sprayed the block with a natural de-greaser called Simple Green so that the engine will be somewhat clean before it gets dropped in.

On Fridays my Dad gets out of work early at noon so he started working on the truck with my Uncle at around one in the afternoon and I told him I'd be there in an hour when I get out of school. When I got to BF at 2:30 they were putting the engine in the truck already so I ran over to see how it was going. The engine eventually went into the transmission but it was twisted just a little bit which made it not want to go in all the way. Other than that everything was looking like it was lining up perfectly.


Later this week we should be able to line it up correctly and get all the bolts into the bell housing and start hooking up all the hoses and cables!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear ...