Friday, November 22, 2019

New Strategies

Image result for toyota pickup rear sliding windowAs I was looking over our 1994 parts truck, I was looking for pieces that I might need on my truck. As I was looking on the inside I realized that the rear window was a sliding window, something that my truck doesn't specifically have. I went on a few forums and sorted through articles to see if the 4th gen windows can fit in a 3rd gen's and from what I read they share the exact same dimensions. I had no clue how to take the piece out though, so I went to my favorite source for tutorials, YouTube. With a quick search I found this video and it gave me the exact tips and tricks I needed for taking this part off. Turns out the process is actually pretty easy, the seal is just molded perfectly to fit in the truck meaning there is no adhesive to pry off. All I really needed was a few fathead screw drivers with tape on them (to soften them down and have a lower chance of shattering the glass) and a few attempts of prying at the corners of the seal and I slowly worked my way around it was out surprisingly fast.

I'm hoping a lot more of these "little" projects on the truck will turn out like this, but I know some will be harder than other because of rust or even just something unexpectedly breaking. I'm sure I'll learn plenty of more strategies as well, I'm excited to apply them to the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear ...