Monday, February 10, 2020

Off by One Year

After the work I did on Wednesday I was kind of surprised by all the sensors and wires that seemed different on the new engine so I went online and made a post on https://www.facebook.com/groups/PICKUPMAFIA/. I asked if anyone else had done the same engine swap as me and what to expect with getting it to hook up right. 
When I woke up in the morning I had a load of replies, I think it was around 29 comments or so. All of the responses were helpful but not exactly what I wanted to read... Most of them were telling me how it'll work but the cabs harness wont hook up to the engine's computer. They also told me which parts / sensors I might need to swap out in order for it to work.
Luckily, the engine will still work I'm just gonna have to do a bit more work than I hoped. I'm going to look into it some more next time I'm up and see if there's some adapter or re-wire that I can do. If not, I'll take apart the dash and put in a whole new wiring harness to adapt to the new engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear ...