Thursday, April 30, 2020

Good and Bad News





This week I've been trying to track down the rumored fiberglass bed that the Russel, guy we bought my truck off of, had mentioned. My Dad talked to him at work and on Tuesday we met up after work and Russel brought us to the guy who was selling the beds house. It was 10 years ago that he was thinking of buying it but in hopes that it was still there I brought $500+ cash to buy it on sight.
Toyota Mini Truck Bed Interchangeability | IH8MUD Forum
Not the actual bed since I haven't seen
it yet, but very similar to what it
should be like.
We got to the dudes house and right away there was a good looking 93 Toyota Pickup with a plow in the driveway with loads of other parts scattered around. Russel went and knocked at the door and someone came out, it was the Dad of the guy who was selling the bed. We talked to him for a while and introduced ourselves and he told us all the cool projects his son does with Toyota trucks and 4 runners and how he strips down trucks and has tons of parts. This could be a great new connection for advice and parts if I need to buy some!

Later that day Russel called the guys dad but his son still wasn't home, so he said he'd ask him about the bed and give us a call back the next day. Eventually we got a call and sadly the fiberglass bed was already sold, luckily he said he has a steel bed in good condition and I could buy it for $300. Steel is just like the original which means its about as good as a fiberglass one is; it'll look exactly the same. At the end of the week we're gonna go check it out, pay for it, and load it onto a trailer and haul it to my place down the road. Russel also said that he'd sand blast the bed for me too and then help me repaint it red to match my truck. It'll be rust free and look just like new, how awesome!
For Sale - One of kind....1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4 75k Orig. Miles ...
What my truck should look like new with this new bed

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear ...