Wednesday, February 26, 2020

New Tires, New Look

Before
 Over February break we finally got my car running in tip top shape again, so I finally had a chance to work on the pickup again. The first thing I wanted to do was put on the new tires I had bought last month because I was just sick of having to blow up the ones on the truck every single time I worked on it. 
One of the new tires next to an old one
 These new tires are 31/10.50 tires so they're about an inch or so bigger than the old ones and they're a mud terrain tire so the tread is a lot thicker and widely spaced. They are gonna be the perfect size for me because they aren't insanely big so that I'd need to lift the suspension. At the same time they make the truck sit higher off the ground, give it plenty of traction on and off the road, and look bad ass.
After
It only took me about an hour or so to get the old wheels off and the new on, the I didn't push it into the garage or anything I just brought a jack out to the back and took one wheel off at a time. For the most part they all came off pretty easily but the lug nuts on the front were frozen since the tires were fully flat and buried in the snow.

I love how the wheels turned out, it makes the pickup look so much better already. It's crazy how much new pairs of shoes can completely change how a vehicle looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear ...