Wednesday, March 4, 2020

A Solution to The Wiring Issue!


I was looking through my Facebook messages a couple days ago and found a message from a few weeks ago. It was someone who had seen my post about the engine swap I was doing and he had said: " All you should have to change is the intake manifold and the distributor and you'll be fine, no other differences."

That one message opened my eyes, I finally realized how to solve my wiring crisis. Since the wiring harness from the new engine doesn't match up with my trucks I have somehow make them connect. I realized that the wiring harness is connected to the intake manifold, meaning if I swap the manifold from the old engine onto the new engine all the wires will match up almost seamlessly.

This will end up being a lot easier than cutting and rewiring the harness, I'm excited to get up to my Uncle's and start tearing it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear ...