Thursday, March 5, 2020

Closer and Closer

Image result for 1988 toyota pickup intake manifold removal diagramI went up to my Uncle's place and started taking off the intake manifold. I opened to chapter 2 of my repair manual and found where it gave instructions on how to remove it. I ended up getting all the bolts off but for some reason it wouldn't budge. I pulled and pulled but no matter what, nothing. I ended up just quitting for the day because it was getting dark, so I packed up my tools and came back the next day.

Overnight I watched some videos on how the manifold was assembled and it helped a ton. I took of the plenum and then the fuel injector rail which then freed up the manifold completely. Once I took of those extra parts I could finally see what the manual wasn't telling me about; a hidden bolt. I was kind of mad that the bolt wasn't shown in any diagrams or any videos online but once I screwed it out and felt the satisfaction of getting out the manifold and its wiring harness the anger turned to motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear ...