Monday, March 9, 2020

Surprisingly Clean

The manifold before being cleaned
I brought the intake manifold back to my house and quickly researched the best way to clean one of them. Right away I found a forum where someone had taken his off to clean it and he said power washing worked the best. So that night I sprayed down the pieces with intake manifold with throttle body cleaner and let it sit all night.
Later that week when it was a nice day I borrowed my friends power washer and sprayed down the in and outside of the manifold but long story short, it didn't really do that much. I realized that the inside of the manifold was actually pretty clean, it wasn't very gummed up or full of carbon which was means that the last owner used a good air filter.
The final thing I'll need to do is take all the old gaskets off of the manifold and plenum then buy new ones to replace them. I also plan on trying to clean the fuel injectors and fit them with new gaskets to reduce their risk of leaking. This truck is getting closer and closer to driving and it's all I've been able to think about, I'm pumped to continue making progress.

The power washer I used
The manifold after its shower (It didn't look much cleaner)


No comments:

Post a Comment

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear ...