Thursday, April 2, 2020

Not Really Affected

Vermont agencies push on with COVID-19 mitigation efforts | The ...
With this whole pandemic going on everyone including me has been affected in different ways. Remote learning has become the standard for our classes and a mandatory "stay home, stay safe" order is in act. Luckily, for me, I have plenty of projects to keep me busy while stuck at my house, including my senior project. Since I don't have to travel anywhere far away or interact with a wide range of people I'm able to continue my project as normal.
There are a few small issues however like a lot of parts stores being closed and since my Uncles shop occasionally has a good amount of visitors, my Dad and I decided to halt going up there for a few weeks while the virus dials down.

72 Best 1970s ads images | Car advertising, Ads, Vintage ...The good side of this is that before the virus hit hard in the states we got a LOT of work done including getting the truck driving under its own powerhouse. While in quarantine I'm searching online for the best deal on parts; so far www.rockauto.com has the best bang for the buck for all the pieces I'm looking for. This week I plan on doing a big order of $500+ of parts including brakes, suspension, and components for many other parts of the truck. These parts will be more than enough to keep me busy and hopefully get this pickup ready to be on the road and legal.
I've also been indulging books and forums including my Haynes Repair Manual, and Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance. These resources help me look at the project from a different perspective, one of a more professional mechanic or enthusiast.

Overall I'm very fortunate to still be able to pursue my project with minimal delays. Hopefully this pandemic doesn't last too long and I can drive around town in the truck ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear ...