Sunday, April 12, 2020

Money Doesn't Grow on Trees

This truck needs a ton of work, and its one of those projects where ill continuously be doing more work to it over time throughout my ownership.
Budget 2020: Your essential guide to Rishi Sunak's debut - BBC NewsBut right now my main goal for my senior project is to get the truck as close to road legal as possible. I'm thinking my budget will be in between $1,000-$1,500 not including what I've already put into it This week I'm ordering 500+ dollars of parts off of rockauto.com which will include suspension, brakes, and many other components. On top of that I plan on needing to buy more pieces as we tear down the drive line and potentially find more parts that need replacing. I also know that I'm going to have to pay a professional to replace my windshield seal and bring it to a shop for an alignment (unless I find someone who knows how.) There's lots of little things to troubleshoot and replace that I wont remember all of them until we start driving it or get tearing something apart, but I know that no matter what it is we'll be able to fix it. Throughout my ownership the goal is to not invest more than the truck is worth, and I'm staying on track to keep that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a Relief!

This weekend was the big day... taking off the wooden bed. Taking off the bed exposes most the frame and most of the components in the rear ...